Thursday, May 21

Family of Colors

It is hot here today, so we're spending a lot of time outside, in the shade and running through the sprinkler. We live in an attic apartment so it's not the most pleasant place to be on hot days. It's supposed to be a short 'hot spell', so I'm enjoying it while I can.

As mentioned in a previous post, I've spent little time at the studio this week due to Justin's day-job responsibilities. But that means I get to focus more effort on computer work that I can do around the house. I have managed to nail down a family of colors for the ornaments I'll be adding to my site later this year. At first I was just imagining my favorite color combinations, but they looked atrocious when seen together! That lead me to a nice, cohesive collection of colors that look smashing together:

The plummage and face details will be added when I'm actually working with the glass, but it's fun to play with the different options in Illustrator. I'm still going to make my previously mentioned "favorite" color combos (a few are below), but I'll make them as one-offs/limited editions and sell them at Art Star as well as on my own site.


Hope you all have a sunny holiday weekend ahead!

No comments: